Monday, May 10, 2010

Final Blog

1. Based on my Travel Destinations blog, I have concluded that I have a "synthesizing mind". After establishing the idea of writing about vacations, I researched sites in order to find categories of different types of locations. Then, from there, I broke down each category in to the top three destinations. I feel like this overall system of stating a large idea and then categorizing, shows evidence of a synthesizing mind.
2. a) exhibit curiosity-- by presenting a large question for this blog, and breaking it into smaller portions, I feel that I exemplify a desire to research a topic that does not have a definite answer. The answer is ultimately based on people's opinions and what they enjoy.
b) Exhibiting curiosity goes hand in hand with generating hypothesis-- I feel the way in which I performed by research was scientific. I formed my hypothesis, collected my data from polls, analyzed, and made a final conclusion. My brain tends to work in this method of trying not to come to conclusions before gathering sufficient information.
c) Exhibit respect for other viewpoints-- I feel in a way I have to exhibit this quality because I have been blogging about people's personal opinions on vacation. Most people on my poll voted that Beaches & Sun are the best types of vacations. In my personal opinion, I enjoy these types of vacations, but I also do not mind Adventure and History and Culture Vacations. So instead of writing about what I want and being obstinate, I had to allow the blogger community to influence my decision on what to write on.
3. After developing my blog, I simply realized that I enjoy 'blogging'. Blogs can practically be used for anything. It might be an option for future projects, or just a place to put pictures, videos and writing that I want others to see. In a way, it is the new type of journal. I would consider keeping a personal blog to track my thoughts and feelings on a certain day, or to write about topics that I feel strongly about. Blogging allows for one to take a facade and to express opinions without being criticized for what one might believe in. Sure, people can comment on a blog, but with the right pseudonym taken, no one outside of the world wide web will ever know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment